Support Centre for Associations and Foundations (SCAF) is a think tank and resource centre serving foundations, associations and other not-for-profit organizations to promote peace, education and civil society development.
SCAF VISION is of a peaceful, civil and educated Belarus society in which NGOs contribute meaningfully and effectively as partners with government and business.
SCAF MISSION is to make this better society a reality by assisting NGOs to increase their capacity and build partnership with government, businesses and international counterparts.
SCAF was registered in 1996 as a non-government and non-for-profit organization. The legal registration number #117 (30.09.1996), re-registration number #05/0083 (13.08.1999).
SCAF is a member of and actively participates in the following networks and initiatives of national and international organizations:
- Belarus Association of Think Tanks (BATT)
- World Alliance for Citizen Participation (CIVICUS)
- International Society for Third Sector Research (ISTR)
- Global Peoples Assembly (GPA)
- European Foundation Center Orpheus Civil Society Network.
- European Forum on Educational Administration (EFEA)
- International Congress for School Effectiveness and Improvement (ICSEI)
- UN NGO Regional Network for Eastern Europe and CIS
- Nobel Prize Laureate International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL)
- International Action Network on Small Arms (IANSA)
- Cluster Monition Coalition (CMC)
SCAF headquarters are located in Minsk. Regional consultants on organizational development trained through MATRA Civic Education Project and regional partner organizations represent SCAF in Brest, Mogilev, Vitebsk, Grodno, Gomel and Minsk regions. SCAF actively involves volunteers in its projects. For example, over 500 people participated in the MATRA civic education project.